Sunday, November 23, 2008

Advent calendar


I made this advent calendar over at Future Craft Collective last weekend.... if you know not of what I speak, then check it out pronto, and if you have any interest in a class like this for yourself, then jump on it dear sister (or brother).... I think they might be up for another one, just need a healthy handful of eager participants. I can't recommend it highly enough... for me no afternoon could be better spent than chatting with some cool women, getting in the zone, and actually having the room to pursue a project to it's timely end... no distractions, no children, not even your email...pure paradise. This is what I came up with, and it's pretty much wonky, strange, the color scheme is pretty much; "Color scheme? What color scheme?", but in knowing myself better and better each year (or day, or minute?) I knew I just had to bust it out, not second guess myself, and just go fast and furious until it was done, or it never would be. So there you go. Most importantly, my kids are going to dig it. Which is why when Bernadette whipped out the He-man sheets, I couldn't not include He-man and She-ra. I'm not planning on telling the kids that those are who they actually are... I'm interested to hear what they come up with, if anything... a Grubb Family Christmas Mythology all our own.

2 comments:

Bernadette said...

BEAUTIFUL KAMI!!!! You make wonky look down right FABULOUS!!!

AverageJaneCrafter said...

Fantastic! I love how it turned out, and I'm so excited to get to see the results! I love the circles of fabric on the tree, and - of course - the He Man touches. AWESOME!

Beautiful, beautiful! :)