Sunday, December 7, 2008

Ornamentals

These are some little ornaments I made of little birdies sitting in some downy fluff in their acorn cap nest. It's kind of a cheat because those little birds were purchased at Hobby Lobby. Hmmm... maybe my resolution for the new year would be to wean myself off of Hobby Lobby... I go there all the time, but, I have a huge amount of disdain for that place. I think they must treat their workers horribly. The workers are disgruntled and seem to sprint away from you if you look like you may have a question...
And, last time I was there the manager had tackled a shoplifter outside in the parking lot and an ambulance was there! I mean, come on now, really? If a person is that desperate for art supplies cannot we just leave them be?

There was a flurry of snowflake making here this weekend. Matt was teaching Jack. Jack was really digging it. Matt made that one in the top left hand corner... I think it's hilarious. He's deceptively artistic, that one. He carves the best pumpkins, too. I wish I had a picture of this one he made where he took a drill and drilled two small, perfectly round eyes and one slightly bigger, perfectly round mouth. Brilliant in its simplicity.

No comments: