Friday, March 13, 2009

Duncan Park





A chilly, rainy day, and what to do with these wild children once school lets out? I had driven past 9th and Lamar earlier and thought that the rain-swollen creek and the bountiful BMX bike hills/jumps/whatever they're called of Duncan Park might charm the young ones for awhile. We went and I was glad we did. We will definitely go back, though I'm not sure what it would be like if the bikers are there using the hills as they were intended to be used, rather than mud slides. Then there will be bikers to watch, and that will be fun. My children have been so surly in the waning hours of the day lately that I am so relieved when I find an adequate diversion that actually brings a smile to the poor beleaguered lad's face... of course, I couldn't get away scot free.... Bruno fell asleep in the car on the way there and woke up in a state and refused to get out of the car... so I was stuck in between Jack bounding about and not wanting to stray far from the car where the angry young three year old seethed in his seat. Ah well, there's always a burr in the saddle, as Bernadette said her husband likes to say. Such is my lot, and it's not such a bad lot. Two out of three kids happy... that's a pretty good ratio.

And this is Henrietta in her sweet little warmie that her Grandma knitted for her... probably her last time wearing it. Cute stuff.

No comments: