Sunday, December 11, 2011

A visit with Stefanie diStefano and FlamingO Ranch!


Our artisan field trip class also had the wondrous good fortune to discover the Austin treasure trove that is FlamingO Ranch and it's proprietor, Ms. Stefanie DiStefano. I had seen some work of hers around town and was amazed to discover that she is a protegee of Isiah Zagar... one of my all time heroes after visiting Philadelphia Magic Gardens a few years ago. Stefanie also turned me on to this FEE.NOM.EENULL. documentary about Isiah, In A Dream... made by his son, Jeremiah... if you want to ruminate about life, love, family, and most of all art, please watch it. I found it to be totally amazing.

Anyway, can you dig it? I rubbed shoulders with someone who knows this guy (that I admire so very very much)very very well! Celebrity alert! And her ranch is a wonderland. It had the same immersive, provocative quality that this crazy place Buffet Flat had on me as a kid.... as if you were walking into the heart of someone's brain. I hope (and have little doubt) that it was an electric, never-to-be-forgotten experience for the kids who came with us.

And we even got to make a mosaic with her! Hot-cha!





































3 comments:

discount furniture said...

Good day administrator,
Get your mess on!
I really love how it is easy on my eyes and the data are well written, many thanks

Unknown said...

Your field trip is truly a wonderful thing for the children. I save broken pieces of terra cotta flower pots and other flat tile and glass scraps I come across to make mosaic panels.

Keep up the good work.

Gwynn

Unknown said...

This is an informative post which is so clear and understandable. It is excellent information with unique content of this blog and it is very useful to know about the information based on blogs.
Shipping Company in Delhi